Tuesday, August 31, 2010

More words.

Today's new words:

Car, Ellie and Yes.

What!? Every time I hear him say them, it's unbelievable to me that he is saying REAL words. What a big boy!

Things are kind of tough around here. The best way to explain it? I'm sad. Really sad. I miss my husband and a semi-normal life. I am sad for Liam, that he is missing out on time with his daddy. He was SO excited when Justin came home last week and we all had such a great week and weekend doing lots of fun things-going to the park, Hubers Orchard and spending time with Gramparents. Saying goodbye on Sunday was the hardest it has been yet, with me not being able to stop crying for at least 3 hours. And then the crying returns sometimes after Liam goes to bed. It was so wonderful to have Justin home, I just can't wait to be together in our new home.

Thankfully, I have great friends. One who willingly babysat Liam on Sunday night so I could go to the Rascal Flatts concert with another great friend who took me and cheered me up. I am thankful for the friends who willingly hang out at my house with me at night so I don't have to try to find a babysitter. I am thankful for my husband who is in North Carolina working hard for his family. I am thankful for all of the people who are praying for us and keeping their fingers crossed that our house sells quickly and that our family can be together soon. I am thankful for a supportive family. I am thankful for things like Skype that allow Justin, Liam and I to see each other in between visits. I am thankful for the friends that are housing Justin in Durham.

I know that the Lord has a plan. I was reminded of that a lot today. A good friend of mine had this quote on her facebook this week: "Ultimately our gift to the world around us is hope. Not blind hope that pretends everything is fine and refuses to acknowledge how things are. But the kind of hope that comes from staring pain and suffering right in the eyes, and refusing to believe that this is all there is." I'm glad I read that when I did. Spoke right to my heart.

Goodnight all...gotta get some good rest so I can keep up with my chatterbox child tomorrow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

:( sorry things are so tough right now! praying for you!