Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Inspiration

Have you ever had those days that you are just knocked down onto your knees in prayer because there really just aren't any words or anything else that seems right to do? Today was one of those days for me.

I have these two friends, Brooke and Brandon. They are friends of mine from high school. Brooke and I have so many fun memories together and Brandon was one of my first friends when I moved to Kentucky.  You know those people that everyone wants to be friends with? Brooke and Brandon are those people...they are so wonderful! Brooke got pregnant this year and found out very quickly that their baby had something called anencephaly which is a fatal neural tube defect. Due to medical reasons, Brooke was induced early (30ish weeks) on Thursday and in Brooke's words, Briar was born at 338 am to be with Jesus.  I have seen a few pictures that she has posted at her blog and they are precious and sweet. We know that Briar is with Jesus, but as a mommy, it is sad to hear and see something like this. I can't imagine something happening to Liam.  If you have time, read through Brooke's blog. She blogs about her pregnancy and her faith in the Lord during this tough time.

What an inspiration. She has just faced a huge trial and has her trust 100% in the Lord. I pray that my faith is this strong all the time and that my strength comes from the Lord. Last night, I was packing a few boxes and organizing the closet getting ready for a showing tomorrow and song came on on my itunes. It is called "I Have to Believe" by Rita Springer. It is an AMAZING song that we sing at our church Sojourn sometimes. I started to cry just thinking and remembering that God said He can move mountains and that He is our strength. Here are some lyrics:

I have to believe, he sees my darkness

I have to believe, he knows my pain
I have to lift up, my hands to Worship
Worship his name
I have to declare, that he is my refuge
I have to deny, that i am alone
I have to lift up, my eyes to the mountains, thats where my help, it comes from

He said that he's forever faithful
He said that he's forever true
He said that he can move mountains
If he can move mountains
He can move my mountain, he can move your mountain too

I have to stand tall, when the wind blows me over
I have to stand strong, when i'm weak and afraid
I have to grab hold, a hold of the garments, the garments of praise

He said that he's forever faithful
He said that he's forever true
He said that he can move mountains
If he can move mountains
He can move my mountain, he can move your mountain too

I have to sing praise, when the hour is midnight
He unlocks these chains, that bind up my soul
my sin and my shame he has forgiven, and made me whole

Wow. If you don't own this song, get it. It's wonderful.
If you can, pray for Brooke and Brandon. Pray for healing and for strength.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, that breaks my heart, but is also so inspiring. i pray that i will have that kind of faith in my life!