Sunday, July 18, 2010

Liam

I still can't get over that my little boy is a toddler now! I kind of feel like he was born yesterday and forever ago all at the same time. I have a horrible memory so the first 3 or 4 months of his life are kind of a blur...lots of sleeping, nursing and changing diapers from what I can recall :) Here is our first family picture, the morning he was born...
And here is the two of us at Liam's birthday party:
Right now Liam is ALMOST walking-he gets mad when you want him to take steps holding your hands but he will stand on his own and then take a step or so at you and then fall towards you the rest of the way. Glad he trusts us to catch him! He isn't saying a lot of words or animal sounds but we work on them everyday. He mostly laughs at me when I do animal sounds! He points at EVERYTHING! If you say Liam where is the airplane, he points at the airplane. Liam where is the doggie, he points at the dog. He even knows that the ultrasound picture in his room is him. If I ask where is baby Liam he will either raise his hand or point at the picture :) He knows what things are but isn't saying the words or sounds yet. I am totally ok with that-he has taken his time doing everything else over the last year so I know when he is ready to talk he will.
He shakes his head no when I try to give him veggies.
He loves to wear his sunglasses!
He is an AWESOME swimmer. I am not even kidding. He does reach and pull, kicks his legs, and puts his face in the water. I admit, I feel like a proud momma bear when we are at the pool and he is swimming around and I hear other parents go "Look at that baby!" or "The baby can swim, you can do it too!" He loves the waterpark, we go at least 3 or 4 times a week.
He loves Toby and Ellie (our dogs) althought he isn't too gentle with them. The dogs put up with it but the vet told me Ellie has signs of really bad anxiety-gee, I wonder if it's because of a certain 1 year old who hurls himself on top of the poor thing??
If I put food on his tray that he doesn't like, he throws it over the edge or flings it backwards and thinks it's hillarious. Then he waits for Toby to come eat it. I guess one day if I'm wondering if he ate all his veggies or not I know where they went :)

Liam is such an awesome kid. There are times when I still think it's crazy that I am a mom. I still feel like a kid and that I am not responsible enough for another life. But I guess God thought I was ready and I'm glad He did!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow--congrats on his first birthday and your first year of motherhood! i still can't imagine being in that place. he is such a cutie!